Our History

Haver & Boecker is the only company in the world that provides premium screening, washing and pelletizing solutions encompassing the complete screening circle of particle analysis, screen media, vibrating screens and process equipment.

Founded

ws-tyler-history-washington-samuel-tyler

Washington Samuel Tyler starts Cleveland Wire Works, a wire-weaving mill in Cleveland, Ohio. Shortly thereafter, the company was renamed W.S. Tyler.

1872

Early Innovations

After a year of operating in a small 40-by-75-foot facility, W.S. Tyler grows from 11 employees to 30.

1873

Early Innovations

ws-tyler-history-first-factory

W.S. Tyler introduces the first fully mechanical weaving looms as well as wire crimped in stages. The invention gives W.S. Tyler’s customers greater durability in their screen decks.

1878

Pioneering

W.S. Tyler introduces the Standard Screen Scale table with geometrically graded apertures. This pioneered customer testing, particle analysis and the development of the Tyler Standard Sieve Series. This was the foundation for the development of the ISO standards used in particle analysis today.

1910

Setting the Standard

W.S. Tyler introduces the Ro-Tap Sieve Shaker, an industry laboratory standard to this day, to further complement the product line.

1914

New Introductions

W.S. Tyler develops the hook strip for screen tensioning.

1916

An Industry First

ws-tyler-early-screen

W.S. Tyler produces the first fully mechanical vibrating screen.

1917

Expansion

ws-tyler-canada

W.S. Tyler opens a plant in St. Catharines, Ontario.

1930

An Industry First

ws-tyler-history-niagara-ty-rock

W.S. Tyler purchases the NIAGARA screen patent and developed the company’s first four-bearing screen, the Ty-Rock. The machine’s positive screening action (coarse to fine) offered crucial performance advantages over the previously used screen drums, which were designed for negative screening action (fine to coarse). The Ty-Rock has since been modernized into today’s F-Class vibrating screen.

1935

A Joint Venture

W.S. Tyler and Haver  & Boecker introduce “TYLINTER,” their first joint venture.

1958

New Ownership

Combustion Engineering buys W.S. Tyler when no family members were found to continue the business.

1969

Continued Change in Ownership

A leverage buy-out firm buys W.S. Tyler.

1989

Family Owned Once Again

Haver & Boecker buys 100 percent of W.S. Tyler.

1998

Foundations of Partnership

Haver & Boecker founds The Haver Screening Group linking Haver & Boecker Maschinenfabrik to Germany, Haver & Boecker Latinoamericana in Brazil and W.S. Tyler in Canada.

2005

A Broader Scope of Solutions

W.S. Tyler changes its name to Haver & Boecker to reflect the broader scope of solutions it provides in Canada.

2015